Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why I LOVE Groupon (and the like) and How it is Helping Me on My Path

So I've been pretty clear that I'm turning my focus on me and I've mentioned that I simply adore all the deal websites that have popped up in the past year or so. I don't work for these websites, but I definitely promote them to friends and family because I don't feel like it needs to be my beauty secret. Why not share the love?

A few years ago, I thought my single, free wheeling days of facials once a month, body scrubs now and then, shiatsu massages - I thought I was done with all that now that I had my family. For one, I've been pregnant or nursing off and on for the past 6.5 years! I have a 1 year old, a 3 year old and a 5.5 year old so I've been in baby making/rearing mode with my body and you don't put glycolics and other acids on your skin when you have another person to think about. For two, it's hard to leave little ones with unpredictable schedules in someone else's care. As they get older, it's easier for me to leave them with sitters or family. Of course as they got more numerous, it gets trickier again! And the last point is, that stuff is really expensive and it all adds up. I felt like I didn't want to spend tons of money on my face and body when I could be using it towards something that the whole family could use.

Enter: I'm done having kiddos and I'm done nursing, I have two in preschool and my one only naps once a day and is eating all adult food now, and the multiple coupon websites that are bringing spas to a way more affordable place.

It's ridiculous what you can get out there! I have already had microdermabrasion ($50 instead of $125) and purchased a 3 pack of laser hair removal ($99 instead of $750!) and a mani/pedi ($29 instead of $60). I have been waxing my bikini line for years and pay $35-$65 every month or so a pop. Never in a million years did I think I'd be able to afford Laser - this was brought to me by Eversave. These discounts are my partners in getting my face/skin and beauty regimen back in line. If this had been a few years ago, I'd never have gotten started with the medi spas. I'll keep you posted as I see/do more.

1 comment: