Monday, January 24, 2011

Book Club, Books for Fun, Books that are NOT What to Expect When You are Expecting

I'm not just trying to change my appearance, I'm also trying to work on the inside. I don't want to be all about babies/children all the time. I'm working on getting some new hobbies that don't involve researching the next best stroller or feeding apparatus. Don't you sometimes get so sick of just being baby, baby, baby all the time? It makes me feel so boring. Anyway, I reached out to a group of women I know to start a book club. We've met several times all ready and our list thus far has been Freedom: A Novel (Oprah's Book Club) by Jonathan Franzen, Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks and we're on City of Thieves: A Novel by David Benioff. I have to say, our theme has been a bit of a downer. I'm looking out for books that are not as drama filled because sometimes you need to read something that makes you feel better - not worse. Every time I read some of Freedom, I felt like picking a fight with my husband. It's that kind of book. On the side, I read all the The Twilight Saga Collection (I had to catch up!) and I'm working my way through The Sookie Stackhouse Series  (True Blood on HBO is loosely based on this). Any other book recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment