Sunday, January 23, 2011

One Day I Caught My Reflection in the Car Window - and it Wasn't Pretty

I buckled my daughter into her car seat a few months ago and pressed the button to shut the door on my standard issue minivan. As the door closed I stood there for a minute and caught my reflection in her window. What I saw wasn't pretty. A haggard, tired, pale face with stringy hair. I looked like crap. I felt like crap. And I knew it was time to start working on me again. I had just finished nursing my last baby (of three) and there were no more rules on what I could and could not eat, what I could and could not put on my skin and what I could and could not laser off my body. See where this is going. I'll be 35 soon and I don't want to just be the martyred mother to my kids, I want too look great again and feel great again and with the advent of modern technology, modern dermatology and of course websites like Groupon that can give me discounts to spas - I CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment