Sunday, January 23, 2011

Next Stop: Diet (Or really concurrent stop. But this isn't a train so it doesn't matter!)

Now, I am 34 years old and I have been battling weight ALL MY LIFE. Anyone woman in her thirties who doesn't have the metabolism that allows her to eat non stop but fit into a size 4 knows how to diet. Knows how to crash diet, slow diet, atkins diet, south beach diet, liquid diet, etc. I gained about a million pounds with all my pregnancies and the time has come to have a reckoning. Do I stay fat and happy and live my life like that? OR do I try to get down to prebaby weight, wedding weight, and really about 20 pounds lighter than that is what I should be living my life at. Well since I want to look BETTER in my thirties, the answer is not to sit and wallow in my fat. I'm also a mother and conscious of my children having healthy eating habits. If I want them to eat well, I need to set a good example and eat with them the foods I want them to eat. I have been doing Weight Watchers Online since I weaned my baby and have lost 40 pounds since May. Being home with my kids, I really can't make it to meetings regularly even though I know that would be more motivational. I have more to go but I'm only a few pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant with #1 so I've seen progress. I've been frustrated with the change to Points Plus because I can't eat a lot of my convenience foods, but that's probably a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing weight watchers online too. It's a struggle, but I find that the recipes section is very helpful for recipes that my whole family can eat. Check it out! Might make it easier. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete