Monday, January 24, 2011

Dermatology Visit AKA Trying to sell me $300 Worth of Products for $600 AKA My Visit to Dermatology Partners inc PART 1

I have a friend who swears by her derm for all sorts of peels, fillers and of course botox. I didn't want anything extreme, but after years of doing almost no skin maintenance because of being afraid of the chemical impact in my pregnancies, I was read to hit the hard stuff. I made an appointment at Dermatology Partners Inc in Wellesley, MA. This is supposed to be a fancy derm office to fancy clientle. Looking for skin cancer or curing your rash is not what these people are known for - this is where you go if you are ready to try to turn back the hands of time and have deep pockets to support the venture. I couldn't make an appointment with the head doc, Ruth Tedaldi, so I went with the receptionist's suggestion and met with Dr. Lunder. Dr. Lunder is in her 40's and seemed to be rather cool and unfriendly, until I realized that she'd been hitting the botox in her own office and facial expressions were a bit of a challenge for her. She did a quick skin check on me and then handed me over to Luba. Luba is the head aesthtician who took a look at me and realized that today is not the day she'll finally be able to buy that vacation property on the Cape. In any event she made a bunch of recommendations to me that totalled in somewhere around $1000. I then proceeded to ask her what was MUST have and what I could do without and what I could buy from CVS that would be a good approximation. She told me that for my sensitive but soon to be aging skin, I needed a lot of preventative product and I needed to exfoliate EVERY damn morning. My son just woke up from his nap, so I will continue this later!

2 comments:

  1. I've been to this place. A little intimidating, but the results have been subtle and amazing. Ruth believes in a very natural look. Expensive but worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went to another dermatologist in Wellesley called Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC I was scared as I never cosmetic work done. But the appointment went great and I'm going back next week!

    ReplyDelete