Sunday, January 23, 2011

First Stop: Exercise

I have three children and feel like I have been trying to get pregnant, pregnant or nursing for the past 6 years. Because I have been. My body is mine again and I don't have the just had a baby excuse anymore. I'm just too exhausted to workout in the afternoon or evening and have always found that the easiest workout for me is in the morning. Since my older two are in preschool from 9-12 and my youngest one is with me all the time I wanted to find a way to exercise with my children. It's winter and it's Boston so I went with a friend's suggestion and I joined Stroller Fit. (Which was bought by Baby Boot Camp but it's still a work out with your child in a stroller class) I bought a monthly pass membership and I'm going to try to make it at least 3-4 times a week.  I love it so far. My daughter is 13 months and I don't feel like she needs to be in classes more often than once a week and this way she hangs out with kids, we let them out of the strollers after about 30m, and I get to exercise and run an errand or two before I pick up the boys from preschool. When it gets warm it will move outside and we'll take the kids walking in the park and then I can take her to the playground after. I like the idea of working out and being with her at the same time because I've heard too many stories about gym babysitting being a little too germy in the winter. So far I've been able to make it 2-3 times a week since I've joined. I'm not sure it's a GREAT work out, but I do sweat, I'll keep you posted on my fitness levels as I continue to do the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment